Well I declare my first non-working day a success!
I did a bit of pottering (washing in, loading dishwasher etc) but tried to maintain focus.
1 washcloth finished:
I used Sirdar Simply Recycled DK, it's a good texture as it's a cotton acrylic mix. I've made up a few different patterns which use different amounts of yarn, I can get 2 from a 50g ball. I bought the yarn in the sale so this cost about 80p I think.
1 Denim Do-It-All Bin for my brother to store his project stash in:
I'm really pleased with how this turned out. I wanted to make the bigger size (this is the medium version of the tutorial) but sadly my husband's choice of jeans will not be influenced by what I hope to make out of them when he's finished with them! I'm on the look out for family members who prefer wide-legged denims.
I'm pleased with how the Levi's badge and red tab look. I couldn't match the yellow/orange stitching thread exactly but it's pretty close.
The lining fabric is a repurposed shirt (I stitched the button sections together).
So, totally free! There are 8 balls of yarn in there (also part of his gift from Santa) but it will hold more. And this will suit the decor of his flat much better than a wicker basket.
Right, off to cut out the crochet rolls!