Sunday 17 February 2013

Is it a bird? Is it a 'plane?

No ... it's a Finished Object!
Do I need to get out the smelling salts? Feeling faint?
I decided a completed item was needed and put aside some bigger projects. And boy does it feel good :)
I got the idea from this tutorial - Garden Flower Charm Pack Quilt Tutorial, it's a good job Missouri Star Quilt Company aren't local to me! I wanted to practice a small item with snowballed blocks (did that sound like I know what I'm talking about?) because it's something I need to repeat in the quilts.
This is the back ...
I know it's not the most exciting shot in the world but, in the true spirit of patchwork I wanted to use up scraps - even the zip was from my charity shop 10p haul.
And, I know, you might want to sit down ...
... I finished 4 cards. I'm liking this 'finished' feeling :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, 2 finished items today! And both of them gorgeous.

    I finished my New Look 6000 polka dot dress today, it's a great feeling isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love your polka dot fabric, looking forward to seeing photos :)

      Delete
  2. Your cushion is lovely, I do like the colours, and I think it's nice to have some interest on the back. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lynne, there's something satisfying about making something out of scraps, kind of free!

      Delete
  3. The pillow looks marvelous! Your card making skills never fail to amaze me - they are so cute and colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you are too kind, seriously, a very easy card but who could fail to be cheered by an orange/flower combo! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment :)